Tuesday 12 July 2011

Trust your own instincts

I did my presentation today, it did not go as well as I wanted. I allowed someone, well-meaning, to convince me to 'jazz up' my powerpoint presentation with lots of animation & automatic slide changing - I usually just use the mouse click option. Unfortunately the projector cut out just a few slides in & when it came back all my carefully planned slide timings were shot & the slides were completely out of sync with my presentation which completely threw me. As a result I missed out half the presentation & probably looked like a complete idiot. Lesson for the day: while it's good to find new ways of doing things & making things look professional only do it if you're sure your comfortable with it (& if you can find the off switch for the automated slides in 5 secs or less).
CJ Crennell

No comments:

Post a Comment