Friday 14 October 2011

Thing 17: Trade Literature: A Tool For All

I've been trying to use Prezi for a couple of presentations, 1 a very brief presentation on the benefits of LGBT in Libraries & the other one trying to condensed a collection level description into a very short period of time. I think as far as animation goes & being able to move around the screen definitely beats ppt but I do wish when you resize a box or shape or something everything else would automatically retain their proportions & resize themselves. The only other issues I have are a slight technical glitch with downloading the presentations to work on offline but that's not to big of a deal, & the speed which the finished presentation 'swoops' across the screen (I could see someone suffering from seasickness watching it, but I'm sure that with a bit more investigation I'll find a way to tweak the speed). Next time we're putting together a presentation for the library I'm definitely going to recommend using Prezi I just wish it had been around while I was at uni. Being able to expand my 'slides' to whatever size I wanted would have made it a lot easier to fit the right images & text in at the right size for people to read them.
View Trade Literature: A Tool For All by CJ Crennell on Prezi.com or click the link below:
http://prezi.com/tpza9z4rrh1q/trade-literature-a-tool-for-all/?utm_source=share&utm_campaign=shareprezi&utm_medium=email

One of the areas I'm considering using it in is to create a series of tutorials to show trade lit. volunteers what's happening & what they'll be doing at each stage of the project. So I will be spending the next few months looking at developing my Prezi skills to accomplish this. I'm also planning on taking part in some more group visits, talks & library forums as part of my PDP, & now that I have more time because I have (touch wood) finished my Portfolio (just the spell check & page numbers to go) so I'm hoping I'll get to use it a lot more in 'practice' situations. If anyone has any feedback on how they've found using it on talks outside their own service, where they've had to access it from a machine that doesn't have Prezi on it, I'd be interested in any tips for avoiding glitches - particularly after my last big presentation bombed completely due to Powerpoint going nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment