Friday 17 February 2012

Chartership Question

Hi All,

I have a question about sending in a Chartership portfolio - how long does it usually take to get something beyond the 'we have received your portfolio response'? I sent mine in at the end of last year, then chased it up in mid-January (I was told I would have a response 'soon') but still nothing on whether it has passed or failed, or needs to be redone or what. Is this normal or should I start making a nuisance of myself trying to find out what's happened - if for no other reason than to save my nails from being bitten to the quick waiing to hear (not a very professional look for a service industry!). Any advice very gratefully received.

2 comments:

  1. Hi CJ,
    I'm guessing you've fallen in between meetings of the assessment panel. Qualification board dates are here http://www.cilip.org.uk/about-us/governance/subsidiary-bodies/chartership/pages/meeting-dates.aspx and there's more info about the timeline for assessment here http://www.cilip.org.uk/about-us/governance/subsidiary-bodies/chartership/Pages/chartershiptimeline.aspx
    Disclaimer - I'm no expert on this, have just been digging around on the CILIP website a lot lately as I've just registered for Chartership myself. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent mine in during Nov and heard back at the end of Jan, 2 years ago now. But yes, the assessment board only meets a few times each year so it all depends on how it falls.

    ReplyDelete