Wednesday 25 January 2012

Training advice

Hi,

I'm looking for a training course in writing for the web (i.e. writing webpage content & choosing images, but not actually designing the webpage) & am having difficulty finding a valid course provided by a reputable company. I've checked with CILIP, Renaissance(MLA), etc & so far they don't have any suitable courses so I've tried doing google searches, which results in 100s of webpages for companies I've never heard of. Most of them are probably perfectly respectable companies & the courses would probably be really useful but as I don't have anything to compare them against I've got no idea how to narrow the list down. Does anyone out there know of any web content training courses, or any training companies that you've used that might be worth checking? Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Hi CJ

    Netskills do one, I have been on a couple of their courses and found them well organised with good content.

    http://www.netskills.ac.uk/content/products/workshops/range/writing.html

    Hope this helps

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsay
    Thanks for this. Looks like it might be worth looking into - if I can figure out a way to convince my manager going up to Edinburgh is cost effective. If not I'll keep an eye on it to see if they do any closer workshops later in the year. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete