Monday 20 June 2011

Thing 2

I've started looking through some of the other blogs on here & have even commented on a few & already I know this is going to be a great resource for networking - I've just 'bumped into' a few old friends from library school & found some potential new professional contacts who are interested in some of the same areas of research as me including 'the fate of the physical library in a technological world' (Ha! They'll never get rid of us no matter how many new gadgets or gizmos they create we'll always find a way to turn them to our advantage). I'll keep digging through the blogs as the course goes on but if anyone knows of any blogs relating to my other areas of research - trade literature collections in libraries; professional writing & methods of LIS research - could you point me in the right direction. Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. If anyone does come up with an answer, would you mind posting it? Sounds very interesting.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be posting about the trade lit research as it's one of my main projects at the moment. So far I've created a strategic plan, set up a volunteer programme fot the project & am now slowly wading through the collection to get everything properly catalogued. I will also be doing a statistical & thematical analysis of the collection & the collections of other libraries to try & figure out the best way of storing, cataloguing, marketing & using the collection. There are other research projects I'm involved in but this is the main one & it's massive so I'm really hoping there's someone out there who can point me in the direction of any collections that are already up & running or any researc that's already been done.

    ReplyDelete