Monday 5 September 2011

Professional reading

I've been flicking through various blogs & RSS feeds to see what everyone is up to & I'm feeling really bad that I'm not managing to fit in as much professional reading as everyone else. Obviously I read the CILIP updates & a couple of the archive/library organisations newsletters (our library has memberships with most of them so they get passed around at work), & I read articles/guidelines/policies associated with my specific tasks or with Chartership, & of course blogs. But I keep meaning to read all sorts of books on libraries, diversity, etc, etc - in fact I have a large list of "must read thar when I get the chance" books & articles but then I never seem to find time to get around to them. How does everyone else manage it? Is there a secret trick to reading while writing a report, answering an enquiry, cataloguing a collection, making dinner, & having something resembling a social life, or is it possible to read in your sleep?
Also does anyone have any books (preferrably short ones) they can suggest for me to add to the list - particularly anything relating to writing for the web, finding a mentor, trade literature collections, diversity in the library/archives, unions & library/archive services or leadership & management in libraries/archives.

No comments:

Post a Comment